
This friday was homecoming (duh) and as I watched the game from the sidelines with 2 super cool waterbottles in my hands i saw Kellen get his first tackle! When he came off the field and I went to give him water (since im such a dedicated watergirl) he told me how it felt like he absorbed the force of the guy he was tackling. Being the cool kid that I am i thought omg thats physics! Both Kellen and the WOLA player had kinetic energy, or the energy of objects in motion. The force (Kellen) was going in the opposite direction of the object (the WOLA player) so Kellen did negative work. His negative work stops the guy and lowers his kinetic energy to zero. The negative work decreases the energy. The picture right therrre has nothing to do with the homecoming but its the best i could do since i couldnt find any (I dont think Mr. Linsky posted the pictures yet). But it has to do with football so close enough I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment